Sunday, June 22, 2008

Perhaps I am rigid.

I hate being stuck. Truly. But there sometimes happens that I lose all motivations and momentum in a piece and it can be days, weeks, months, even years before I have it again.
I find it happens when I'm on the verge of a place I want to be a plot spike. I get nervous about making it what I see in my head, what I hear. I want it to live up to my vision of it.
I've been disappointed lately by my progress. I'm getting to the climax of TGTD--which will be a three part climax, separate spikes, I've gotten through two and I'm rather irritated and frustrated with them. They will be revised, but now I am even more nervous about the third.
Of course, I'm generally hard on myself when it comes to prose. What I really need is feedback, but yeah, that is understandably hard to come back 80k words into a sequel novel.
Soon, I'll get through it, I know. Until then, I'll just be frustrated and bury myself in dA work, poetry revision, and perhaps devote a good section of my thought to the primary question that I've sought to answer, though mostly for myself.
I am curious, by which should we judge a man's value and virtue, by his intent, or by his deeds?

That is, assuming each free from each other, an accidental deed vs an actionless intent.

----------------
Listening to:
Dead Can Dance - The Host of Seraphim
via FoxyTunes

No comments: